Blue Prism is a set of runtime environments, tools, and libraries for RPA, the software robot of it has two main parts i.e. Process Studio and Object Studio.
Object Studio: Through object studio, one can create a Visual Business Object (VBO), which is created to interact with other applications. It should be noted that Object Studio is much like Process Studio but the key differences include:
- Object Studio offers “stage” which is not present in Process Studio.
- Object Studio has two default pages rather than the Main Page.
- The pages are not organized as a hierarchy but as flat groups
The advantages of developing a VBO include:
- Scalability and consistency
- There is lesser bot creation time which results in subsequent processes
- Bot maintenance becomes easy because the system changes need to be updated in only one location rather than each process.
Process Studio: Process studio is similar to that of a traditional flow chart. In this area, the actual process is created. Apart from the features which are offered by Object Studio, there is also control loops, business logic, object call and variables to be sequenced and also tested invisible business flow. Each Page of the Process Studio has a tab and the process which is defined in the Process Studio is equal to a flowchart.
The process is more of like a human user which implements software robot’s logic. This is also similar to the personal interaction with many applications in order to carry out a series of steps where it can invoke actions in order to carry out the same steps.
The benefits of Process Studio include:
- Each process is defined by using one or more pages
- Every page contains many data and stages
- Process Studio always begins at its Main Page
- The process mimics like a human user who types and thinks very fast.
- The process needs to be published and it is only then that it can be visible to the Control Room
- Process Studio allows the user to design the logic where it assembles the design surface graphically.